Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 13:35:01 -0500
On Mon, 6 May 2002 10:55:11 -0400, Marianne Fuller
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> The Eades in Protein Power say that flax seed oil (and flax seeds, I
>guess)
>> are NOT good for you because they contain ALA and ALA suppresses all
>> eicosanoids,
>
>The Eads repudiated this statement and now recommend (and consume) flaxseed
>oil
>
>--Richard
>

>you're kidding! how annoying. I stupidly threw out my flax seed oil,
>forgetting that nutritionists change their minds every ten seconds.

The new recommendations are in the Protein Power Lifeplan, which came out
this time last year. The previous book, Protein Power, came out I think
about 1994, so there was quite a gap. I admire the Eades for being prepared
to admit they got it wrong first time round. I don't have my copy to hand,
but I think they have also modified their position on artificial sweeteners
(i.e. they are all bad, but then we paleo people knew that already!) Unlike
many 'new' editions of old diet books, the Protein Power Lifeplan does have
quite a lot of new stuff in it and I have found it very useful.

Jo