From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 08:15:42 EDT
In a message dated 04/30/2001 11:32:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  whatnot.  Another other point promoted?  That the chickens are fed a
>  vegetarian diet.  My guess is that bugs and grubs are not considered
>  vegetarian.  Political correctness is really getting on my nerves.

I think that beyond political correctness they are attempting to reassure us
that these chickens have not been fed OTHER chickens, as in the types of
processed animal feed that has been suspected of transmitting Mad Cow and the
like, lately.
The majority of non-vegetarian animal feeds seem to be loaded with 4-D (dead,
down, dying and diseased??) animals (you can read about pet food if you want
to know more).
I for one would rather eat an egg produced by a chicken that ate flax seed
rather than processed diseases, but of course I DON'T have the option to buy
eggs from "real chickens" anyway! :(

Holly