Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:20:00 -0700
Ashley > A search for "xenoestrogens premature birth" threw up this
book: http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/Myths/myths.htm I previously I
assumed that food (mainly wheat and pasteurised, homogenised milk) was
responsible for virtually all illness.  Now I wonder if chemicals in
the food and are responsible for a big share.

Dr. Cordain has a fascinating paper called "Hyperinsulinemic diseases of
civilization: more than just Syndrome X."
http://www.thepaleodiet.com/articles/Hyperinsulinemic%20Diseases%20Final.pdf

He shows here that hyperinsulinemia has a profound effect on sex
steroids, that our modern high carb diets got bad after the
Agricultural Revolution, worse still after the Industrial Revolution
2-300 years ago, worse after the invention of steel roller mills for
the world's first truly fiber-depleted wheat flour, and even worse in
the 1970's with the chromatographic fructose enrichment technology that
allowed high fructose corn syrups to be manufactured inexpensively.
Interesting read.