From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 22:25:44 -0400
Bernard Lischer wrote:

>On another note, has anyone ever heard the notion put forth that an
>explanation for the good health of the Chineese,

I really question all these less developed cultures and their reputations
for good health. You have no record keeping, or possibly in China fudged
records, so you don't really know.

>in the face of a carb.
>dense diet,

Well, their high rice diet has been going on for some 13,000 years. So they
may have adapted to it somewhat. But it has reduced their stature. Note
when they come to American and eat a high protein diet the kids end up
bigger than their parents.

Don.