From:
Cairo Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:07:49 -0500
Hi all,

I am now on day 3 of a paleo diet and am feeling really good about this way
of eating. I have searched the archives for the last month to gain as much
information as possible regarding how others are living this WOL. There a
couple of questions I was hoping you could answer for me though...

* Could you please give a brief description of the types of wild meat &
unsaturated meats available, and also which ones are the saturated meats I
should be avoiding. I have currently been eating pork, lamb, veal and
venison as well as turkey and fish (for some reason I don't really like
chicken). Are these ok to be eating?

* Could you also help in regards to what are the unsaturated oils I can use,
and are they all safe for cooking at high temperatures i.e ol
ive oil. Also
is it ok to cook with lard (animal fat)?

* Which are the best fruit and vegetables to eat on this WOL? I have
currently been frying a lot of mushrooms in order to get my fat quota but
have realised I may be doing the wrong thing and would like to start well
and carry on in this way. (I'm also confused as to whether I can have
rutabaga and eggplant and zucchini)

My plan is to eat a lot of fat (monounsaturated or polyunsaturated), lots of
fruit and vegetables (more vegetables than fruit, until I reach my target
weight anyway), and wild game and lean meats. Hopefully this will help me
lose weight/fat and stay healthy.

Sorry if I have asked some silly questions but I really would appreciate any
help you can give. If I am eating the right things then it amazes me that I
could lose weight eating this way.

Cairo