From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:52:02 -0500
On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:07:59 -0700, Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Amadeus:

>Amadeus:
> >The same thing of course applies to the amounts of particular plants
> >which later became a staple. Legumes, cereals.

Peter:
>This applies not only to legumes and cereals but to all edible plants
>"individually" as well as plant foods as a category which is why, .. a diet
>like the one you are eating .., is way off the
>charts in terms of its relevance to paleo.

I have difficulties to understand by which reasoning you state here that
"plant foods as a category" was "way off the charts in terms of its
relevance to paleo".
Plants as well as animals occured in great variety. That's pro variety.
What "relevance to paleo" each food category actually had is not touched.

That, we could conclude out of several key points:
- availability
- reliability of supply
- ability of food items to support with necessary factors
- physiological constraints in humans
- ability of hominids in each time age to aquire them

This is what would have determined the *actual* food composition.

Some of these points we had discussions about.

Is there a point you would refer to? Or something else?

>Amadeus:
> >http://www.naturalhub.com/natural_food_guide_meat.htm
> >Now only 4 animals are staple and they are even very much
> >modified by agrigulture. Previousls... read yourself.
>
>Which is an argument not to reduce intake of animal foods but to expand
>variety and to seek out quality of these foods.

Yes, or course. That's why I mentioned it. Great site, isn't it?
Be shure I did read it, and I know how it's reasoning meat consumption.

That's no reason for me not to include it.
I didn't eat the wisdom with spoons, if you also have this proverb. This
should be a discussion.
It's also not my intention to argue for a paleolithic vegetarianism (I don't
think it ever happened). And I repeatedly stated this.

What I do argue for is to emphasise the importance of paleolithic plant food.

I think the naturalhub article(s) contain several wisdoms helping to get a
more versatile picture of what paleolithical eating could be.
Better than "just eat cows" and then some berries and that was it.

regards

Amadeus