Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 22:35:11 -0400
Amadeus  wrote:

<<If my diet doesn't contain enough zinc or vitamin C or anything
as essentially required to stay healthy --
well if I would add this in the form of pills,
I think it's the proof that my diet is one that's not paleolithic.
(or compatible to any *lithic or previous times).>>

Yes, exactly.  Your diet CAN'T be paleolithic in truth by virtue of the time
in which we live.  It doesn''t matter how "paleolithic" one states one's
diet is today.  It has only a slight resemblance the actual paleolithic era
diet.   The need for additional nutrients can be a sign that what you were
fed, or what medications were given you, or environmental toxins to which
you were exposed as a youngster that have damaged your system.  This could
make your body have difficulty assimilating certain nutrients.  In this
case, you would have to put more nutrients in to extract the value you want.

We are not all the same.  We don't require or assimilate, and utilize the
same nutrients in the same way.  This kind of thinking is the same thinking
of the allopathic world and the USDA Food Pyramid.

The hypothesis is that the body has not evolved beyond its requirements of
the Paleolithic era.  This, and the fact of industrialization and the
subsequent poisoning of our air, water and food, are exactly why many of us
require more than the nutrient-deprived, non-paleolithic foods of current
times.

Believing otherwise is holding on to an ideal, rather than viewing the
reality.

Siobhan