Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 12:38:25 -0400
Howard wrote:

<<I don't know if he has been totally strict with the diet but shurely even
if
he wasn't following it totally there should have been some improvement?>>

Hi Howard,

  I think one of the unavoidable consequences in promoting a way of eating
that leads to good health is that it becomes oversimplified and
generic/de-individualized (I made a new word!).

One of the reasons this list is so active is because most people have found
that this way of eating has a learning curve and must be individualized.

Your friend could easily interfere with the balancing effects of a paleo
diet by eating grain-fed meat, which some people here eat with no ill
effects for the time being.

People with fewer health problems tend to respond positively to the
generic-type paleo diet.  Those who already have more challenging health
conditions find they have to be more discerning about the food they eat.

I think your question can't possibly be answered without knowing in full
detail what, and the amounts, he has been eating and drinking.

Regards,
Siobhan