From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:24:50 -0400
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Mary French wrote:

> I would like to drop about 10 or 15 pounds.  I have been eating paleo for almost 2 years, and I am in pretty good shape and health.  I am 5'5" and weigh 140lbs. which is not overweight but on the high end of healthy weight, and I have some visible body fat that I'd like to shed.  How should I adjust my diet/eating to knock of the last few pounds?  How important is overall calorie intake?  Or is it more important to count carbs?

Mary, I honestly don't know.  My current weight is satisfactory,
not ideal.  I could stand to lose 10 or 15 lbs more myself, but
I've decided it's just not worth it, if doing so is going to
throw me back into obsession mode.  I feel good, look okay, and
would rather enjoy life.

My personal unscientific opinion is that keeping carbs fairly low
is the best way to take full metabolic advantage of even a small
caloric deficit.

Todd Moody