From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:04:30 -0600
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 03:42:30 -0600, Geoffrey Purcell
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Last I checked, seafood is generally viewed as very lean. The only
> exception are deepwater fish but those presumably wouldn't have been
> caught in palaeo times, given the lack of ships, until recent times.
Salmon and eel have high fat content, and would certainly have been
available
to paleo man at the river stages of their respective life cycles.

> Re claims:- The claim that in palaeo times, there were large mammals
> with higher fat-content which then died out isn't relevant, really. For
> one thing, wild horses and wild aurochs(the ancestors of modern cattle)
> were staples of the Palaeolithic diet, at least in Europe, and they are
> still around today with the same levels of fat(if grassfed).
Perhaps why the wild horses are still around is that they are fairly lean
if
grassfed and chased regularly by large predators :-)

The yummy fatty large mammals are gone.

	Lynnet