From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:33:27 CDT
>I couldn' remember who posted this, but..
>I don't think that 100g carbs can elevate insulin for 7 hours or so.
>I once made a test with 100g pure glucose.
>It dropped fast enough ,tested after 1 hour or so.
>This speaks for carb concentration on one meal.

This was written by 'Animal'

A study perfi,rmed by Taylor and colleagues.'' Following ingestion of a test
meal consisting of cereal, skim milk, scrambled eggs, French toast, apple
juice, and a milk shake [200 g (60% or 800 calories) carbohydrate, 45 g (21%
fat or 405 calories), 80 g (19% or 320 calories) protein; 1,914 kcall] [The
total calories and the breakdown of the intake is wrong because my scanner
screwed it up and I don't have the original] by healthy subjects, muscle
glycogen concentration did not start to rise until 1-2 hours after eating,
and the increase was not statistically significant until 3 hours after
eating. Seven hours following the meal, plasma insulin levels were still
elevated threefold. Four hours following the meal, muscle glycogen began to
fall, suggesting a flux of excess carbon out ot` the muscle and into storage
as triglycerides (fat).

Another argument for my diet! I had been looking for this entry into my comp
for 2 years and though I don't have the entire study, that last line is
significant.   This was a mixed meal containing fat.  This is not what you
want to do after a workout.  Look how long it took glycogen levels in the
muscle to rise.  1-2 hours and it wasn't important until 3 hours.  You need
no fat and simple carbs with protein after a workout.

‘Seven hours following the meal, plasma insulin levels were still
elevated threefold'  Let's see, you want to eat small meals all day, still?
The point is that eating mixed meals gets your insulin up and keeps it up
for a long time.  Hell, by 7 hours many would have eaten 2 more times and
that would push your insulin up even higher and longer.
Remember, if insulin is present, fat burning is negative!

I will grant all you naysayers that yes, that was a rather large meal,
but it is irrelevant.  I have other studies where they studied people
eating smaller meals and they got the same detrimental results.  Even though
they ate smaller meals the insulin NEVER RETURNED to BASELINE BEFORE THE
NEXT MEAL. <If your insulin levels are above baseline, fat burning is
inhibited> Then, with subsequent meals INSULIN ROSE TO A HIGHER LEVEL THAN
IT DID WITH THE PREVIOUS MEAL.  The researchers had no explanation as to why
that occurs, but it did in ALL SUBJECTS.  So the moral of the paragraph is
that eating a meal that raises insulin will result in even HIGHER INSULIN
LEVELS with the next meal.

The magical last line; ‘ Four hours following the meal, muscle glycogen
began to fall, suggesting a flux of excess carbon out of the muscle and into
storage as triglycerides (fat).'  Ahahahaha!  Your insulin is still sky high
and you haven't eaten anything, and carbon is leaking out of the muscles to
be turned into fat!  The muscles have all the carbs they need and when they
are full of glycogen any excess glucose is going to be stored as fat! Read
it, again.  This is a main point of the diet and why you only have carbs
after your workout.  Why?  Because you carbed up AFTER the workout when it
is most important and any further influx of carbs is going to leak out of a
fully carbed up muscle and go to fat.

Again, I will give you the basics and most of you can figure out the
rest.  Base calorie should be figured out at 10-12 x your wt in lbs.
All caloric intake is worked out by going backwards from your post
workout meal.  For that meal you take in 1g carbs for every 1k
bodyweight.  Now, you also take 1g whey or soy protein for every 2.5g of
carbs that you just figured out.  Do this immediately and 1-2 hours
later.  Subtract those numbers from your total caloric intake to see how
much else you can eat for your other meals.
200lb man x 12 = 2400 calories.
200/2.2 = 90K
90K = 90g carbs after workout.
90/2.5 = 36g protein.
90g carbohydrates  = 360cal
36g protein = 145 cal protein.
Total immediate intake is 505calories.
If you do that regimen 1-2 hours later you will then have 1010calories.
2400 base - workout meals = 1390 calories left to eat for the next 24 hours.
(Almost 3 Bigmacs) and if you can't make it through the day on those
calories I don't know what to tell you)
I'll tell you that with all that protein it is hard to eat after those 2
postworkout meals.

ALL YOUR SUBSEQUENT MEALS ARE GOING TO BE NO GLYCEMIC MEALS!
Except for 2-3 doses of 200calories worth of fruit for a total of
400-500calories in carbs to keep your liver converting T4-T3.  200 in
the morning 100cal or so at lunch and 100-200  at 2hrs before your next
workout.

1390 - 500 calories leaves you with 890.  If you are taking 1g protein
per lb which I find very hard to do, that is 200g protein and 800
calories.  You already have taken in 72g protein for 288 calories.  From
morning until your next workout you then need to get 128 g protein or 512
more calories in protein.  That leaves you with only 378 calories in fat
which is 42g.  Just make sure you eat whey protein and eggs in the morning,
then you can eat chicken or tuna salad (no bread) or taco salads (no shell)
for lunch and you will be set.  After the 2nd post-workout meals try to eat
somewhat of a regular small meal to slow absorption and give you a release
of protein while you sleep.

xx Justin xx