Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 09:09:15 -0700
I don't add anything to my jerky and it comes out great. I use venison, wild
pig, sometimes ground lamb (grain fed) sometimes beef (grain fed) and
buffalo. You are drying it at the correct temp which is very low. Try again,
slice it very thin, and don't add anything.

I got wind of some wild pork so I went to the butcher and he was going to
sell me an entire wild pig for 75 which included smoked hams and sausage
(but the sausage has gluten in it)

I told him I would take only the unprocessed meat. So I do have a supply of
wild boar for a little while!

the point is, you need to network and ask around. And, more than once,
because last time I called this butcher he had nothing.

When I started to write my check he recognized my name and said, oh for you
it is free because I know about your son and we in the Calif Deer assos are
trying to help him.

I insisted and tried to pay but he would not let me.

but I am going to send him some flowers instead.

I don't think he realizes how much of a carnivore I have on my hands and I
don't mind paying for my meat , you know what I mean, as long as I can GET some.

I have a question about swimming in chlorinated pools. My son had been
really improving, his thyroid, everything was better. Then the hot weather
came and now he is in a chlorinated pool almost every day.

I think I see some regression, could this be from his body absorbing the
highly toxic chlorine? I hate to forbid him from using the pool, he loves to
swim and it is a way to socialize with his friends, etc. But I do think i am
seeing some regression. Wouldn't  a lake or ocean be better? The pool is
just so convenient,it's in my back yard!

Mary