From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 17:57:21 +0200
Todd Moody wrote:
>> A certain amount of thiamin (and maybe more accompanieing stuff)
>> is necessary if the body attempts to burn carbohydrates.
>> Because glucose is mandatory for brain and blood cells
>> this will be at least these 180 g.
>> This amounts are present in natural (unrefined) food items,
>> but are missing in anything containing sugar.

>This is an interesting theory, and I wonder if B1 supplementation
>has been shown to have an appetite-controlling effect in diets
>with lots of refined, and vitamin-depleted, carbs.

Yes I wonder too and I'd expect B1 supplementation to have
some positive effects.

But really eating unrefind items should be much better, because:

1) More stuff as mere thiamin will probably be needed for
  metabolization of carbohydrate. A Dr.Stoll tells  that
  a whole 48 different nutrients were necessary.
  (see http://bcn.net/~stoll/body_sugar.html    )
  Thiamin (b1) has early been found to be essential because a
  lack soon causes malfunction of nerves with severe consequences.
  N.b.eating living yeast for a little while might be an alternative
  because here you have a living carb-consume organism.
2) B1 supplementation must be very constant and daily because the
   b1 storages in the body are only short term.
   What, if the pill dose is empty?
3) The aquired eating habits with the bodies intention to get
   b1 might be difficult to change by supplementation.
   In particular our taste might get a wrong impression where to
   get b1 if it's associated with accidental meals.

You have told that small amount of carbs can increase your weight.
Do you include honey? (devoid of thiamin)

regards, Amadeus

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net