From:
Tracy Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:39:19 -0400
Geoffrey Purcell wrote:
> I'll grant you, though, that many zero-carbers, raw or cooked, wrongly blame all the health-problems incurred from eating grains as occurring from eating any carbs at all. Fruit and veg have not much in common with grains.

Some do, I'm sure. Others have such severe hyperinsulinemia that it's
literally the only way they can eat without experiencing cravings,
hunger, blood sugar issues, etc. Others have trouble digesting many
fruits/veg, or react to them for other reasons (chemical sensitivities,
etc) If we'd all started out in life 'clean', with a paleo-type diet, I
suspect these problems wouldn't have existed in the first place - many
of us wouldn't have the gut damage or metabolic issues that we have (and
could likely handle eating like a Kitavan, or eating like a Sioux, or
somewhere in between).