Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 23:23:47 -0700
Subject: Re: [P-F] Increasing Meat Eating

> Lorenzo wrote:
>
> >This suggests that if meat is easy to get some people
will
> >eat more meat.

Then

>>Don replies

>> And if we assume that our taste buds have evolved to
guide us to the
> >healthiest food choices....
> >
>> Don.

Then "Lorenzo" replies;

     Some years ago before the Internet I read about some
serious studies that tended to suggest that  young children
in "Institutions" if not addicted to sugars and starches
would--- in a Cafeteria environment these Children selected
nutritious foods-  i.e. those more natural foods were what
they wanted to eat.

There have been some posts on this list about how Lorenzo
fed his Children and how  Lorenzo enticed and seduced his
Children away from sugar food.   Furthermore Lorenzo's
Children  today  also  still  select foods NOT  loaded with
sugar and white flour.  The youngest finally quit asking for
$Money for school lunch as he finally realized it was "Junk
Food."  He was in the 7th Grade.  Now  today in the   8th
Grade he takes Apples,  Oranges and or some Meat for Lunch.
The Forty year old Children   buy a "Salad"  at McDonalds.
At least when Dad is around.

They were born in 1956, 58, 59 and1986.

The TWO  best Decisions I ever made with respect to my
Children were;

1.  I found I needed to listen to them -at least once in a
while-  with my BIG  Fathers Mouth Shut for at least five
minutes.  I DEFY  anyone to say this is not the best thing a
Father can do.  If you have kids,  try it;  I bet you will
have a long time before your can do it.   You have to LISTEN
AND not give advice.  JUST Listen ---Try  it when you are
trying to get them to got to bed to sleep--because that is
when they often try to talk and ask questions!

2.  When they want;   "Candy,  Pop, Fries---  tell them it
is not Saturday!-------ON SATURDAY  you can have them,  at
least a dollars worth.  Then on Saturday give them the
$Money,   let them buy  the candy or ?

But whatever else you do----- never--ever    lie to your
kids  --about getting the "junk food"   on Saturday!.   Try
very hard to avoid promising them anything that you may have
trouble to deliver.  If you LIE to them you lose them!

In my case they soon got tired of junk foods and candy.
(They begged  to get to eat the "Bone" when we have   T-Bone
Steak"    and they want that tiny piece of "Marrow"  that
comes with it.    What does that tell you about "Taste
Telling What Is Good To Eat!"

Best Regards,    Lorenzo