From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:23:25 -0600
Ho-lee COW!  A while back I asked for advice for a friend of mine who
developed hives.  Well, it got worse just last night.  All of a sudden, his
lips started to swell.  That was bad enough but then he went to answer the
call of nature and, you guessed it, his best friend was swolen, too.  When
he called last night it took him five minutes to convince me he wasn't
joking when he said, "Dori, my dream has finally come true; I have lush lips
and a five-inch flacid penis!"  When he saw what was going on in the
southern regions he raced for the ER (after, of course, a blood-curdling
scream).

Well, the doctor said clearly he's allergic to SOMETHING but he has no idea
as to what; chances are, though, it's dietary (duh!) but it could be
environmental.  He's on a mega-dose of prednisone (sp?) and it worked but
people, I have GOT to convince him to give up wheat; I'm convinced that's at
least part of the problem if not THE problem all by itself.  He looked back
and reaized, yeah, the hives started about three days after an advertiser
started supplying Danishes to his radio station each and every morning.
He's been eating more wheat than normal.

I'm going to do some serious surfing on this but if any of you medical gurus
can steer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO