From:
Mike MacLeod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:36:30 -0700
>Only Nature is able to increase fertility and top soil !  with the Natural
>way of farming presented by Masanobu Fukuoka which we can approach that at
>the most.

My friend and I had a house with a 8mx10m back yard.  In the two years we
lived there, we were able to create 20cm of topsoil by composting the
kitchen garbage regularly and working it into the existing soil. To say
that it was fertile is an understatement. Many seeds survived in the
compost, and we had corn, melons, cucumbers, poppies, sweet peas, chard,
squash, and many other plants all trying to grow in the same space, with
megatonnes of cherry tomatoes. It was a madhouse, but great fun.

Mike