From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 13:43:35 -0700
Well, I just stocked my freezer with another load of range fed beef.  A
bull this time that died from inhaling a fox tail.  Most of it was ground
beef, but I was able to get filet mignon and some great roasts from it.
I also took the heart and liver, but the butcher gave the head away to a
low income family, which is fine with me.  I split the beef up with 3
other families, and it only cost us $1.25 per pound, including cutting
and wrapping, no matter how much we bought.  This one was cheaper than
the last beef we bought from the same source,  last time it was $1.45 per
pound cut and wrapped.   I took 7 pounds of the ground beef and made
pemmican out of it.  There is virtually no fat in the ground beef,  which
meant very little shrinkage. Very nice indeed!  I took 1 pound of this
pemmican and added cinnamon and cloves. I ended up what a  delightful
flavor!  The rest is spiced with herbs such as rosemary, sage and
oregano. Another batch is plain.  I'm stocked for the summer.

Trish