From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 00:33:54 -0700
.< And since they
<choose to take the time preparing each dish, they may get greater enjoyment
<or satisfaction from the result, says Fernández-Carriba.

life in confinement is so boring and the food given to them  is so bland,  i
understand completly the chimps wanting  to get their god given right to be
satisfy with their food .
and denaturing food is a sure way to get your taste buds excited .

<It is unclear whether food transformation exists in the wild, he says.
Either
<we just haven't seen it, or animals can't afford to waste time preparing
each
<meal.

In comparaison with  the pleasure given by  the real food  in its original
state  , the excitement looked for,  by the  denaturation of the food ,  is
so  unsatisfying that spending time at  trituring a meal  is a waste of time
.
It is not that they can't afford in the wild,  they have just more
satisfying way to respond to their needs,

I used to love to cook in the past because it was the only way i knew to
make my food enjoyable ,
Now even when i want to cheat with my instinct ( when i don't find what i
really need) it is still too much work for me to try to do more than mixing
the foods in my mouth . Just making  a salad is a waste of time ,( that save
me  from wandering  off in the illusion of  pleasure seeking.

<"But if [like the chimps] you have the time, you might cook all day and
<make something nice," Fernández-Carriba says. "Maybe this is one more piece
<of evidence that we are not as unique as we previously thought."

No we are not unique!,  any beings on earth share the same  expectation and
right to be satisfyed and in a fullfilling relationship with their
environment .
When this relationship have been disturbed for some reason ( by captivity in
the present case , or by  inpoverishment in diversity of species  like with
the neolithic revolution)  life will never give up sustaining itself, even
if it means to make a big circle away from its  solid core .
 to explain :  i think about the pursuit toward more and more denatured
items   since the first transformations of foods ,  that brought  us now  ,
thru the inescapable experience  of dis- ease to question and  reconsider
the reasons and benefits of doing so .)

jean-claude