From:
Gerard Farrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 02:08:23 -0000
  I've tried the cinnamon and and my Bg's were up in the morning. This
confirms what Todd says about some other people. It is very disheartening on
waking in the morning to find that having been *good* the previous day and
avoiding all carbs to find elevated readings.
  I've been tempted to try Todd's wine trick to see if it would help me but
as I don't touch alcohol I have had to desist.

  The vinegar:  I remember reading, years ago, a book by, I think his name
was Dr. Jarvis, about the benefits of drinking Apple Cider Vinegar. In it he
did mention the weight reducing effects of imbibing this, to me, obnoxious
substance. But then it is one of these books which claims ACV will cure
everything from your toenails falling off to a quicker recovery from having
been run over by a steamroller. You know the type. But maybe there is a
merit to this poison after all; we shall see. I'm going to try it!

  Now, for anyone else on this list who wishes to join in this experiment,
be warned. It's really horrible stuff. Imagine changing a diaper for one of
your friends' kids in a badly ventilated room the size of a cigarette
packet. Are you there yet? And that's before you even open the bottle!
Jarvis recommended diluting the vinegar with water to make it more
palatable. As if there aren't enough pollutants in water as it is. I would
recommend that you keep an old towel handy in case you need to be sick. Me?
I have a photograph of my wife's mother which I find helps with the
retching. A colour photograph, of course, as it shows more detail.

  The cinnamon: If I never see cinnamon again for as long as I live it will
be soon enough! And all I got was higher blood readings!
  I wouldn't mind but I read somewhere that the two guys who *discovered*
the bg lowering effects of cinnamon chanced on it by accident when one of
them put a cinnamon stick in  his coffee and found his bg lowered. Now these
guys weren't diabetics.
  In order for them to have noticed this phenonomen they would have had to
test their bg before drinking said coffee and then again afterwards.
  Now how many people do you know that are not diabetic but decide to check
their blood? And  how many do you know that would
  check it and then have coffee with a stick in it and check it again?
  I'll report back on how I get on with the vinegar. If you don't hear from
me within two months would one of you good souls check the hospitals in
Ireland to see if they have a patient who has been run over by a
steamroller?  If they tell you "no", I'll be with the Choropodist.
  Season's Greetings to you all and Best Wishes in the New Year
  Gerard.