From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:10:31 -0700
Marco Benson wrote:

>Would a quarter of a kilo classify as a wholly sufficient meal? Otherwise,
>how could one complement? Is dried meat merely considered a snack?

All the dried meat I have seen is very lean. American Indians made
pemmican, from powdered
dried meat and melted animal fat.  This is a better balanced food.  You
should have equal
amounts by volume of the meat and fat, meaning the calories are mostly
all from fat.
1/4 kilo is a huge amount of dried meat unbalanced by fat or carbs, and
won't do a lot
for your health or your energy level.  And if it is commercially dried
meat, it is crammed
with unhealthy chemicals that you should avoid.  If you eat dried meat
at all, make sure
it is pure and plain.

    Lynnet