From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:16:26 -0500
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:09:52 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>.. But it
>is a fallacy to think that if protein is bad for diseases kidneys
>it must cause healthy kidneys to become diseased. ..
>My favorite analogy is this: Ice skating is bad for people with
>weak ankles, because of the danger of a sprain.

Inuit seem to do well on a high protein diet.

What if kidneys do well to excrete big nitrogen amounts  - but in the case
of  a weak condition of the kindeys - caused by a different reason - they
would be more vulnerable.

Then it would be a good reason to cut down on protein - or all eating.
Like in the case of cold, virus attacks or toxins (heavy metals).

There are reasons for ice scaters to stop training for a while.
Or their otherwise good and strong ankles could suffer serious damage.

A.S.