From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 06:39:45 GMT
On Mon, 10 May 1999 14:04:18 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The second question deals with the importance of the foreign
>proteins.  The authors make much of this, but documentation is
>lacking, for the simple reason that no one has ever compared a
>diet that controls insulin and w-3 but not foreign proteins with
>a diet that controls all three.  Therefore it is very hard to say
>what the distinct contribution of foreign proteins to the
>diseases of civilization is.  On a purely anecdotal level, the
>kinds of results that people report from Neanderthin are not
>distinguishable from what they report from the Zone or Protein
>Power diets, which do not forbid foreign proteins.  It is a fact
>that most of the foods with the most foreign proteins are also
>foods that will tend to disturb the insulin and w-3 factors, but
>the correlation is by no means perfect.  People are getting good
>results Zoning while eating small amounts of grain, dairy
>products and soy products.  Are they the worse off in the long
>run for doing so?  I don't think anybody is in a position to
>answer that question.

Couldn't that be done simply by adding chick peas and lentils to a Neanderthin
diet?   They are both quite low on the glycemic index.

If the diet then works less well, then foreign proteins are a significant
factor.   If no change, then the benefits are coming solely from insulin and
fatty acid balance.

--
Cheers,

Ken                         <*>