From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 18:21:22 -0400
On Sun, 20 Aug 2000 16:48:02 EDT Gawen H <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> From what I heard, salmonella is only found on the outside of eggs.
> Therefore if you wash the outside of the eggs, there should be no
> problem.

While this was once believed to be true, it is now known that the inside
of the egg may be infected as well.  Unless you're VERY sure of your
source being free of salmonella infection, you should not use raw eggs
(unless, like Ray, you belive salmonella to be only a mild
inconvenience...).

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.