From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:42:32 -0400
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:24:54 MDT, Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Todd wrote:
>
>>..  She chooses to ignore the variable of the
>>difficulty of sustaining the caloric reduction (for some people)
>>on the higher-carb diet.

Is it so? You know , i suspect this to be the case due to undersupply
of the coenzymes necessary in the Citric acid cycle,Pyruvate stage and
ribosimes. I'd like to see one obese person who eats carbohydrates
only from
whole seeds (thus not eating extracted carbohydrate).

At least a switch to fat cannot elevate the insulin level so high and
therefore avoid the hypoglycemic sugar craving.

>She'll also ignore the many people that are allergic to wheat, lactose
>intolerance, insulin resistance, Syndrome X, the fact that protein and fat
>are required to sustain life

that's true.
But protein and fat needn't be low if some carbohydrate is in the
food.

>and carbs are not (it's in the textbooks, Doc),

but is this natural?

>that American's are eating less fat than ever but at the same time are
>FATTER than ever, yadda yadda yadda.

40 or 45 % fat.
Less fat than 20 years ago. But still much more fat as any centuries
before.
Alas very bad fats are common. Frankenfat and zero-taste fat.

Cheers and a nice weekend to all

Amadeus