From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:59:11 +1100
At 2:33 PM -0700 16/2/04, Dori Zook wrote:

>Before I plunk down some hard-earned cash and BUY some, does coconut oil
>have a flavor that makes it not good, tastewise, in some dishes?  I'd like
>to have some but don't want to buy it and regret it.

I have used two brands of coconut oil.

One was totally bland with no aroma or flavor I could detect.

The other had a terrible aroma and flavor and ruined a couple
of meals before I gave up on it and threw it out.

The icky one said it was 100% pure, mechanically extracted,
no solvents and made from Fijian copra. All the right jargon.

I don't know which of my experiences is "normal" for coconut oil.
Maybe the icky one was rancid or contaminated.

 ...Richard.