From:
Emiliano Bussolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2010 09:11:34 +0100
>>I'd also like to suggest that you could
>>probably get better results from increasing your fat intake and
>>eliminating the starchy (or glucose laden) vegetables until your blood
>>A1C drops below 5.5 mmol/L or 100 mg/dl

Hi Ron,
I'm aware that starchy vegetables increase BG, so  I completely avoid
potatoes and the such. In the winter I basically eat cabbage, broccoli,
savoy cabbage and all the possible variations on the cabbage theme.

I know in the US diabetics are adviced to keep their Hba1C under the 6%,
whereas here in Italy 6,5% is considered a very good result. What I'm trying
to do is to keep Hba1C as low as I can and at the same time to use not much
insulin (I usually do less than 30UI per day - don't know whether you use
the same unit of measure - but I know of diabetics of my weight using as
much as three times that amount of insulin).

Anyway, for now I'm trying to reassert a good balance between omega3 and 6
(this means sardines for breakfast...) and I'll see what happens.

Thanks & bye