From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 09:04:52 -0700
I am lucky to live close to a natural park in the west coast of Canada, here
we have an abundant source of wild berries (salmonberry, salalberry, thimble
berry, saskatoon, trailing rasberry, blackberry , cherries, pacific
crabapples , purple cap raspberry, huckleberry, blueberry and more)
i would like to share the precious nutrients present in thoses berries (do
somebody know if omega 3 fatty acids could be founds in the seeds of thoses
berries?) with other high quality foods seekers.
I am proposing myself to harvest them in bigger quantities than usual (i am
doing it for years for my family and friends) and dry them to make them
available to you , and will be so glad to have in exchange other wild foods
from your aeras or dificult to find domesticated fruits and nuts (like
unprocessed olives , pinenuts, black walnuts ,pecans , butter nuts and
alike...)
Money exchanges could be a possibility too but harvesting wild berries is
rather time consumming so might make them rather expensive. We could base
our exchange on time spent to harvest and process them. At least dry good is
cheap to ship considering the energy stored in them.
I have possibility to dry salmons, halibuts ,shrimp  and other wild sea
foods.
Before starting to harvest like a maniac i would like to know what kind of
interest my proposition arouses .
thanks for answering
jean-claude