From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:50:31 -0500
I have experienced many wonderful health changes since switching to Low Carb
eating for two years, then going paleo for the past six years.   Many of
these changes took months to occur.

Here are some of them:

I have systemic lupus, and about 90% of my symptoms with it are gone -
little joint pain, no terrible fatigue, no feeling unwell and unhealthy.  I
am not achy-creaky in the morning.  I have not suffered from pleurisy nor
costeochondritis for several years - when these conditions used to haunt me
every winter.

I have a lot more endurance, clear thinking, good digestion with almost no
indigestion (maybe once or twice a year), little depression - which had
plagued me for years.  Less dry skin in winter - especially my feet.  I
almost never get a cold - less than once a year.  I am 51 and I am not yet
wearing bifocals - my eyesight seems to have stabilized.  I almost never get
headaches and I used to get a lot.  My teeth and gum health are excellent.
I have never had a root canal nor had a tooth pulled nor had any gum
disease, and I only need to have my teeth cleaned professionally once a
year.

I am in perimenopause and I am not experiencing the awful symptoms that so
many ladies of my age seem to be experiencing who eat SAD.

I have lost and kept off 75 pounds.  My cholesterol is 165, HDL is 63, LDL
is 94.  Triglycerides are 29.

I don't think a month is enough time to make a fair judgment.  And, from
experience, folks tend to go "mostly paleo" in the beginning by hanging on
to some of their favorite non-paleo foods.  I think many times these very
foods are the problems foods for these folks and that is one reason they are
so difficult to give up.

Paula H., who will never go back to eating any other way!