From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:15:10 -0400
On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> I may be (probable for me) that the pyruvate scheme just provides
> a picture (or pattern or idea) to keep in mind, which may work
> because it involves some other (not understood) mechanisms.

That is very possible.

> Banana, rice, potatoe?
> Fine rich carb sources (all are producing pyruvate).

And don't forget grapes, sweep potatoes, grapefruit, pears,
blueberries, watermelon, and raspberries, all in rather limited
amounts.

> What comes to my mind, reading this:
>
> These 3 (can) have sufficient thiamin - at least compared to all sweets.

Compared to all sweets, yes.  But compared to other natural
carbs?  Anchell claims to have personally worked with over 2,000
obese patients and asserts that substituting other foods -- even
similar ones, such as strawberries or canteloupe -- stalls or
diminishes weight loss.

It's strange, since I can see no reason why he would make the
diet more restrictive than it needs to be, nor any reason why he
should wish to deceive anyone.  In addition, I respect the fact
that his plan is based on his own personal work and observations,
as well as on Pennington's ideas.

> In this way, Pennington's  "excess pyruvate" would be right again.
> Because a lack of processing enzymes in a later stage of the
> Citric acid cycle stops is at an earlier stage.
> Pyruvate is a very early stage of the CAC and pyruvate could pile up
> if the next processing enzymes are missing.

I wish I could get in touch with this guy.  Maybe I'll write to
the publisher.

Meanwhile, I've lost two more pounds, making a total of seven
since Sunday.  I just don't get it.  I'm not complaining, of
course, but it certainly is weird.

Todd Moody