Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:19:28 -0700
I visited some relatives for the holidays.

I was amazed how much hostility there was towards a  paleo diet. I did not
try to convert anyone, I minded my own business, still it seems people can
develop quite a hostility towards it.

There must be something quite threatening about a HG lifestyle?

I'm wondering how others handle family situations where you are the ONLY one
doing paleo!! and everyone else is devouring chips, dip, cola, sugar sugar
sugar etc.??

We were out on a boat in the lake and there was nothing to eat. I ate  a
couple of plain potato chips and the most hostile person yelled MARY! YOU'RE
GOING TO DIE FROM EATING THAT POTATO CHIP!!!

I was absolutely blown away...

Also, one of the relatives was on Doxopan HCL or something like that as a
sleep medication and absolutely swore by it.

Has anyone heard of this med? I'm wondering what the side effects are.

I felt (altho I did not state this) that if he got on a (low carb)  paleo
diet the sleep problem would resolve itself....

Mary

ps how harmful are foreign proteins eaten "once in a blue moon" type thing??
like at a family gathering? Will you be ok if you go right back onto your
paleo diet when you get home? On the autism list they noted that casein and
gluten peptides can  stay in the body for MONTHS so that kind of worried me.
If we ingest some gluten/casein on vacation, are our immune systems then
forced to fight it for weeks/ months??