Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 09:23:50 +0900
Elizabeth Miller wrote:

> Just when you think you have this diet thing figured out, along comes a
> zinger to disrupt everything. This study suggests that increases in HDL seen
> after higher fat diets might not indicate an increase in reverse transport of
> cholesterol afterall.

Which is what makes simple rules like the sharp stick rule
so attractive. The "science" is not any better. I figure my
ancestors since at least Homo Erectus had a lot more than
just sharp sticks, but the rule does make it easier. Ray
Audette's chaos theory becomes more useful the more of this
contradictory science you read.