From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:21:08 -0500
On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Ron Hoggan wrote:

> Hi All,
> Has anyone who has gone low carb experienced difficulty keeping warm?
>
> I'd appreciate hearing about any experiences you might have had.

As I've indicated in the recent discussion on thyroid, my body
temperature is well below normal, both upon arising and
throughout the day.  For example, right now after shoveling snow
for a half hour, my oral temperature is 98.2.  For some reason,
though, this does not manifest as a subjective feeling of
coldness.

There was discussion on lowcarb last year about long-term ketosis
downregulating thyroid function, but I don't have any scientific
references on that yet.  My guess is that there's something to
it, but it's still an unsubstantiated guess.

Todd Moody