From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:16:14 -0700
Ok, I'll try this one last time.

The original question that I responded to was what
kind of oil would be preferable for a paleo diet (I
think). I took that one step further and wondered if
that was even a valid question given my premise that
the *original* paleo eaters probably did not use oil.
Let's try it this way. The following foods, simply by
definition, would be part of a paleo diet.

Meat - Yes
Fruit - Yes
Fish - Yes
Veggies - Yes
Nuts - Yes
Milk - No
Beans - No
Grains - No
Oil - ????

Where, other than for modern convenience, would oil
fit in a paleo diet? I've read a number of posts from
folks who do not like to have their food processed at
all because the paleos did not do much more than cook
it or just eat it. So, considering the fact that oil
must be processed, and that there is no basic
requirement for "oil" in the diet, it it really a
*valid* paleo food. If it is, fine. If it is not, then
the answer to the original question (preferable paleo
oils) would be "it doesn't matter because oil is not
really a paleo food".

Boy, and I thought this was an easy question. Maybe
next time I'll just start a new religion thread.