From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 17:22:21 -0400
Howard Stasin wrote:

>Help!!  I recommended a friend go on Paleo diet

> He has now had a full test and the results are really bad, in fact
>just the same as before going on the diet.

Just the same? So he can't blame the diet for making it worse.

> ie
>Total cholesterol    7.69 mmol/l
>LDL                      6.0
>HDL                     1.1
>Triglycerides          1.0

To convert into the Americans' units, divide any cholesterol type by
0.0259, and TG by 0.0113. So we get:

TC      297
LDL     232
HDL     43
TG      89

Was the breakdown the same as before?

>I don't know if he has been totally strict with the diet but shurely even if
>he wasn't following it totally there should have been some improvement?

Not necessarily. If one kept up the carbs, and increased the fats, it could
get worse. But since his triglycerides aren't high, I don't think this is
what he did.

Don.