From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 17:37:13 -0600
>The difference between life threatening diabetic ketoacidosis and the
>benign
>dietary ketosis of the Atkins diet is that the former occurs with very
>elevated blood sugars while the lattter occurs with normal or low blood
>sugars.

Ach, thanks, doc!  I had those terms down but couldn't remember the blood
sugar factor.  Would you mind outlining the downers of elevated blood sugar?
  I'm sure I'm not the only one who would find this type of information
handy when in a discussion with a critic.

Thanks!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

PS  What cracks me up is that dietary ketosis means the body is burning
stored fat, weight loss by its very definition.  Would critics prefer we
burn muscles?