From:
Kimberly Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 17:56:08 -0700
I don't know the chemistry of this problem.  I know someone with a severe
disorder that causes calcium not to be absorbed into the blood stream, then
the kidneys can't flush the excess calcium out.  She has to avoid dairy, of
course, but also vegetables that are high in calcium. It's a matter of
degrees, from what I understand.  People who have kidney stones have this
problem in varying degrees.  In my occupation, I have lots of contact with
seniors.  I recently arranged for a Chiropractor to present a seminar on
health at a senior community.  This problem is one of the disorders he
talked about because the lady I'm acquainted with was in the audience, and
she asked him about it.  He explained that this problem is common.  It is
more common in older people, but can occur in the very young.  For this
particular woman, it is chronic and acute.  If you like, I can try to find
out the name of this disorder.