From:
Charlotte Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 12:13:18 -0500
I haven't noticed any recipes going around the list lately, so I thought I'd
pitch one in.

I've adapted my grandmother's tuna salad recipe to make...

Paleo Tuna Salad
1 medium onion
2 stalks celery
nutmeg, salt and pepper
olive oil
2 cans tuna
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/3-3/4 cup paleo mayo (depending on how creamy you like it)

Chop up the onion and celery, then pan fry it in the olive oil, with some
nutmeg, salt, and pepper.  Put it in the refridgerator to cool, if you
prefer cold salad.  Drain the tuna (giving the tuna water to the cats, of
course!), and mix all of the ingredients together. Makes 2 large servings or
4 small servings. Its yummy stuff and makes for a great weekend lunch.

Question:  Does canned tuna still have lots of omega-3 fatty acids?

Hmm, and one of my favorite treats for breakfast or dessert is a fresh
banana dipped in finely chopped walnuts. Yum.

Take care and good eating,
Charlotte