From:
Muriel Hykes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 08:11:08 -0400
Andrew wrote:
>more chemical reactions in the body occur or rely on chemical cascades.
>Cascades work by allowing a small amount of substrate to turn on a
>"production engine" for the manufacture of a large number of chemicals.
>I think that relying on supplementation to directly modulate chemical
>reactions is not an acceptable answer, for a number of reasons.

        But in a multi-stepprocess, where each step is catalyzed by a different
vitamin (coenzyme), a deficiency of one can hold up the whole process.  For
this reason, if a person can afford supplements, I go with a balanced
shotgun approach.  Let the body take what it needs and excrete the rest.
        Also, you can force catalytic pathways by flooding them with precursor.
The body will gear up processing where it needs to.  This may take building
blocks away from pathways that you don't want to work.

>how to support their products with the available research.  This is
>about "pushing product" and not what the body needs.  Make no mistake.

        I may have worked with you when I was with Sivad vitamins in Royal Oak,
Mich.!(1980)  I do not sell any one brand of vitamins because that does not
best serve my patients.  I try to find the best product for the best price.
 At Sivad, my job was to try to match the patients' needs with a product.

        People whose ancestry is 1/4 or more Celtic Irish,      Scandanavian, Native
American, Welsh or Scotch are likely
        to have an essential fatty acid deficiency.

                <http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/3995/>