PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:19:51 -0700
Many Thanks to Loren for the NLM/NIH website (even if he did make a little
typo). What the heck, "W" and "4" are close on the Sholes keyboard. And I
don't think Loren is losing memory as he approaches 50 (even if his typing
skills are suffering). What happens as time goes by (and he continues to
read, study, learn etc.) is that his hard disk is filling up. Loren, you
haven't lost anything--quite the opposite--but your retrieval time is
getting longer. And I speak as someone who has personally experienced
this process about 20 years longer than you have. So don't be discouraged,
and keep up the good work. You just have to be patient in your retrieval
efforts.

P.S. I recommend the following website to anyone interested in more
efficient keyboard skills-- http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrooks/dvorak/
It will take you into the whole world of the Dvorak keyboard for typing.
A vast improvement on the Sholes that we all use. And now software is
available to convert your Sholes keyboard to the Dvorak if you really
want to improve your keyboard effectiveness.