PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:22:01 -0500
A member of the list who prefers to remain a "lurker" (i.e. one who remains
relatively anonymous by not posting messages) posted some questions, and
made an interesting comment, which I thought I would forward here:

-begin forwarded comments-

One thing I would like to ask is the definition of cooking?  There seem
to be many ways of breaking down cell walls to make the nutrients
available to humans. not all involving heat

Also I would like to add,  talking of the digestibility of plant foods,
I have seen reports of reindeer hunters relishing the half digested
contents of the reindeers stomachs as a source of vitamin C. The
reindeer presumably having grazed on lichen which people would not eat
in unaltered form.

-end forwarded comments-