PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:55:35 -0500
Staffan Lindeberg wrote me in email recently:

>I cannot tell you how happy I am about PALEODIET, which seems to turn out
>into something very important for my own research.
>If it is not too much trouble for you I would appreciate a few words about
>how its existence is spread to the global research community as well as to
>invited individuals. If you find this of general interest you can of course
>post the answer to the list group.

As this is very much a non-paying, volunteer enterprise for me, I have
limited time and resources for spreading the word about the Symposium.  My
hope is that list members (such as Staffan) will either send me email
addresses of people who I might send an announcement to, or will just send
invitations themselves to people or groups who will be interested (it is
not necessary that I be the person to contact everybody).

Here is the current announcement which I use for selected groups, which any
list member may send to any person or group that you believe will be
interested.  My only stipulation would be that this NOT receive wide
distribution on groups on the internet full of intellectually questionable
elements (such as rec.food.vegetarian or alt.support.diet), and that you
keep in mind that we are generally only interested in promoting the list to
serious-minded scholars and researchers:

   The Paleolithic  Diet Symposium listserv is a semi-private,
   semi-moderated symposium  for researchers with interest in and
   knowledge of  primitive diets and their relevance to modern  life.
   Our  primary   audience  is  biologists,  paleontologists,
   anthropologists, physiologists,  and health care  professionals.
   Students or members the  lay public are not necessarily excluded,
   but any messages submitted to the list membership  will be reviewed
   before distribution to assure that the information presented, or the
   questions posed, reflect an appropriate level of understanding of
   the science underlying the subject under discussion.

   If you would like to subscribe, please fill out the following
   questionnaire and send it to [log in to unmask]

   This  is a  standard  questionnaire for  all  prospective subscribers
   to PALEODIET. You are not required to give  us more than your name
   and email address, although we  would appreciate having the  other
   information. Any information you give on this questionnaire is solely
   for the list owners' information,  and will  NOT be  sold  or used  for
   any form of  business solicitation.

   Name:
   Preferred E-mail Address:
   Title:
   Institution:
   Phone Number:
   Research Areas:
   Other Areas of Interest:

   Your list membership  will be  confirmed  by the  Listowner. You
   should receive a  message confirming  your membership within a few
   days of sending in your subscription request.  Thanks for your interest!

   Owner: Dean Esmay  [log in to unmask]