PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 00:33:04 -0800
> Anyway, let's assume caloric restriction in a modern protected lab
> environment might theoretically result in increased longevity.

Actually, it's reduced body fat that produces this result.  The correlation
between thinness and lifespan is well known in humans and led to these
studies in rodents.  Reducing calories is the only way most researchers
know to lower body fat.

My co-author Troy Gilchrist (NeanderThin 6 years) and I (NeanderThin 12
years) recently had our body fat tested at a health fair we exhibited at.
His was 4.8% and mine was 5.2%.  This puts us at the high end of the
longevity scale!

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin: A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander