PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 1997 00:22:11 -0700
To fully grasp what humans were designed to eat is easy.  Simply limit your technology to that
which comes naturally without any technology(naked with a sharp stick or rock) and eat
accordingly.  You will find that you will eat only those things edible to any Primate in a
similar state.  All primates eat meat (insects and other animals), raw fruits, raw vegetables,
nuts and berries.  Without technology, no primate can utilize grains, beans, potatoes, other
species milk or refined sugars or vegetable oils. Because of your hominid lateraly asymetric
brain, you have an inherent ability to aim and thus kill more animals than your monkey cousins
who lack this skill. This skill added to your bipedal gait and super efficient cooling system
(lack of fur and unique perspiration system)make you the most efficent hunter on earth (lions
never attack elephants, but pigmies do!).  Because of your hominid short lower intestine, you can
rely less on plant materials than any other primate and will crave fatty meat as it is the
highest energy food available to you.

This method is more reliable than fosil evidence.  Get it wrong and you don't feel well! This
method does not depend on what your culture taught you or where on earth you find yourself.

Hunter-gather cultures lived closer to this ideal than any modern people.  Their epidemeological
data alone are enough to support my decision to live this way (over 12 years).

Ray Audette
Author"NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander