PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 18:23:42 -0500
One of the best things to ever appear on the 'net on the subject of diet
and human evolution can be found here:

http://www.syndicomm.com/nicholson

It's an interview of Paleodiet Symposiom Ward Nicholson by health
newsletter editor Chet Day (who by complete coincidence was my boss a
number of years ago when I worked on the Genie network).

Of highest interest are probably parts 1 & 2 of the interview.  Part 1
starts with a discussion of Ward's personal history, and may seem rather
pointless until he starts discussing actual scientific research--and once
that happens the interview takes off on what is probably the most
meticulously documented, closely detailed, well-researched discussion of
diet and evolution I have ever read.

Note that the interviewer and interviewee are both coming from a
perspective of discussing "Natural Hygiene," an all- or mostly-raw, usually
vegetarion dietary philosophy--Day is writing from the perspective of a
practitioner of this philosophy, whereas Nicholson in writing from the
perspective of one who has largely abandoned such dietary concepts.  Don't
let any of this deter you from reading the interview, however.  It is a
must-read item.