PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 22:40:13 -0700
From the response I have received from my book, I know perhaps better
than anyone how effective a paleolithic diet can be for a wide variety of
"diseases of civilization".

Although NeanderThin is primarily a high-fat, high-calorie weight loss
book, I have never been overweight.  I wrote of my own experience in
ridding myself of diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis (it took 1 week) by
following only one rule - Only eat that which is edible when you are
naked with a sharp stick!  From my mail, it seems to reduce weight and
blood sugar problems in all primates!

Others have reported great results on a wide variety of health problems
including colitis, MS, ALS, ADD, Bipolar disorder (manic/depression),
high cholesterol and blood preasure and many other auto-immune problems.
Readers have also reported improved muscle tone ,stamina and recovery in
athletic endevors.

Could these results be only a placebo effect of my charismatic writing
style?  In spite of my "mesiah complex", I think not.  If this rule was
more widly applied would it save human suffering and billions of health
care dollars?  I think so and have dedicated my life to this end.

That my self-published work is the only book currently in print on the
topic of paleolithic nutrition is a very sad state of affairs.  Many of
the members of this list (who have better credentials than my BS degree
and Mensa card)could correct this easily.  The potential for fame and
fortune is great (Dr. Adkins has sold over 30 million books)but more
importantly, millions of people despritly need this information.