NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 23:56:55 -0400
Hello,

        Due to the storm in the South Florida area our October issue went
up a day late. Our hearts go out to the families in the lower Keys, our
Florida panhandle, Alabama and Louisiana that are working to rebuild their
homes and lives.
         This month we have two helpful articles dealing with food
allergies for toddlers. One on daycare and preschool and the other on snack
ideas for toddlers.
        Again this year we have some fun Halloween ideas for you. We have
safety tips, candy ideas, 3 easy party treat recipes and a super fun and
dairy-free yummy candy treat bag available from the Chocolate Emporium just
for our families.
        Stop by the site soon and check out these and more October treats
we have for you.

OCTOBER ARTICLES (http://non-dairy.org)
-------------
PARENTING
-Day Care & Preschool Food Allergy Tips
-Toddler Finger Food Ideas
-Statewide Childcare Liscensure Regulations.Database
MEDICAL UPDATE
-Infant Atopic Dermatitis & Asthma Later in Childhood
COOKING
-October Dinner Recipes - Taking the Spooklyness out of Tofu
        Kate Ramakrishna's Dairy-free Lasagna
        Green Salad
        Genna's Cheesie Garlic Knots
         Hydox Cookie Cheesecake from the The Lactose-Free Cookbook by Sheri
         Updike
NEW PRODUCT REVIEWS
-PIZZA PIZZAZZ from Tofutti Brand
-Soy Dream from Imagine Foods
SHOPPING
-Taking the Trick out of Shopping for Treats
        Six Halloween Safety Tips
        Dairy Free Candies
        A Special Dairy-Free Treat for your Child -
        3 Easy Halloween Party Treat Recipes

- October Fund raiser :
HALLOWEEN TREAT BAGS - Order your child a fun bag of dairy-free
treats for $15 plus shipping from Chocolate Emporium (
http://www.choclat.com/ ) today. With every order this month from a MOO
parent they will donate 10% directly to Non-Dairy: Something to Moo About.

Have a fun and safe Halloween,

Helen Fernety

P.S. - We have had to rebuild our database of families due to storm damage
to our system. If we have sent you this notice in error or you would for
any reason like us to remove you name form our e-mail alert list please
send us a message.

Non-Dairy: Something to Moo About, Inc.
A support & informational monthly web source for families dealing with
dairy free diets for medical  reasons.
http://non-dairy.org
10425 S.W. 114 Court, Miami, FL 33176 USA ====================================
Monthly Snail Mail Newsletter Now Available - $30 a year + 3 dairy cards
Have a friend or a professional that doesn't have Internet access but needs
our newsletter? Have them call 1-305-598-0374 and we will mail them a free
basic milk protein allergy information with a newsletter order form.