NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
psam ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 09:40:34 -0700
I was really impressed this weekend.  My milk-allergic son plays soccer,
and most of the kids on the team this year are new to him.  One of the
parents told me, when it was her turn to bring treats after the game,
that her son said, "Mom, make sure it doesn't have milk in it.  Albert
can't have milk.  Can you get fruit snacks?  And make sure to read the
label."

I haven't made a big point of this with the soccer kids - what's the
point?  I'm there at every practice and game.  But one day the coach
bought ice cream at a nearby fast-food joint for all the boys because
they'd done so well at practice, and Albert said he couldn't have it,
could he have a Sprite instead. This kid remembered!  and told his Mom
to be careful.

Somebody else is doing something right too.

psam