NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:02:17 -0800
Another underlying symptom tokeep in mind that mosy people don't consider is night time bedwetting. I dealth with it with my step-daughter and am now dealing with it with our 6 year-old. When  dairy is consumed they have bnoth had more wetting episodes. I talked to a doctor about it in New York who said that 82% of bedwetting cases are related to dairy allergies. He said other things that a child may have a reaction to could be chocolate and too much protein. Too much protein(which is also in milk) puts a lot of pressure on the kidneys and both animal and veggie meats are loaded with it. He said the veggie meats have even more protein than the animal meats. Eggs also have a lot of protein as it is considered poultry. I asked about the chocolate and the doctor explained it has a lot to do with the processing of the cocoa bean. They're picked and layed out in the hot sun under a bunch of leaves for a few weeks and while they sit there, roaches and other bugs love to go in there to lay
 their eggs. He said the dairy can cause bedwetting issues because the type of calcium in it actually numbs the nerves in the child's bladder so he/she can't feel when they actually need to go let alone being able to hold it. How can you try to hold something that you don't now is there because you don't feel it? Anyways, I did the oral challenge with this and found our step-daughter to be sensitive to all three factors plus a touch of laziness as her mother really hasen't taught her proper hygein. Our five year-old has bigger reactions to the milk and chocolate probably a little more so than the eggs. I jst thought i'd pass that along. Sue