NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:14:21 -0400
Even if you do this, you're well-advised also to check with the
dispensing pharmacist.  Ask them for the package insert for the inhaler
(I actually do this for ALL medications).  They are usually happy to
give it to you.  Check for the inactive ingredients on the insert -
ususally it's the same information that you'd find in the PDR, but PDR's
in medical offices are sometimes out of date, and the insert is or
should be reflective of exactly what's in the package.  Same problem
with web based information - it may be a little out of date and
pharmaceutical companies often change formulations.

If you find something, or think you do - ask the pharmacist to confirm
it.  And if it's something you can't have, ask them to call the doctor
and find an effective alternative.

My $.02